Wednesday, February 11, 2009

False Hope

I myself am tired of hearing the same thing over and over by doctors saying they'll help you etc, yet when they get frustrated with your case they just dismiss you as your medical problems being all in your head. But in fact their just too lazy to actually do diagnostic work and research what they might NOT know.

For everyone out there I can't stress ENOUGH that if you are in the same position I am in with your doctor and health, Do your OWN research, document, and take the information you have along with your concerns or questions to your doctor.

We pay too much in health care for our providers to brush us off like we're a hopeless case. I too need to take this information and use it for my own purposes, which is why I am seeing a new primary care physician.

This is YOUR ONE life to live, and you have the right to the knowledge to live your life to the fullest. Even if that means doing the research and pointing your doctor in the right direction.

If you have your own story regarding misdiagnosis or a doctor who refuses to investigate your health problems and finding a cause, let me know because I believe there are a lot of people out there that are like you and me that are trying to finding answers. Maybe we can help one another!

No comments: